Who should attend?
The course prepares faculty, quality managers & hospital staff to support clinical audit activities in their organizations.
The course is aimed at healthcare providers who want to achieve and gain evidence of improvements in patient care and safety measures through clinical audit.
Key Learning objectives
This course is designed to help to develop competence and confidence to carry out Clinical Audits. At the end of course, participants should be able to achieve following course objectives:
1. To understand clinical audit process. To help clinicians decide exactly why they are doing a particular audit and what they want to achieve through carrying out the audit.
2. To determine, how clinical audit relates to other activities related to accountability for the quality and safety of patient care.
3. To select the right subject for audit.
4. To use evidence of good practice in designing clinical audits.
5. To help clinicians formulate measures of quality based on evidence of good practice, as the basis for data collection and also to develop data collection protocols and tools and advise on data collection for clinical audits.
6. To help in understanding how to handle data protection issues related to clinical audit.
7. To understand use of statistics for analyzing and presenting findings of data collection and thus help clinicians to analyze causes of problems that are affecting the quality of care. This helps in applying principles and strategies for taking action to achieve changes in clinical practice.
8. To help clinicians manage review of clinical audit findings with their colleagues.
9. To be able to prepare clinical audit reports.
10. To recognize and handle ethics issues related to clinical audit.
Course material and certificate for participants
Each course participant receives a hand out (NICE guidelines) and other learning and reference materials.
The course covers both theory and practice. Case Studies in ICUs, ORs and wards will be discussed. Present benchmark quality initiatives will be discussed. The course participants spend at least half the course time practicing the how to’s.
At the successful completion of workshop candidates will be provided certificate of participation.
The registration can be done by filling the registration format at our web-site (www.nabh.co/login). Registration fee (non-refundable & non-changeable) is Rs. 5,000/- + Service tax @18% (Total Rs. 5900/). Fees concession of 10% is being provided for the members of Quality Council of India (http://www.qcin.org/nbqp/PMS/). The fees would include lunch, tea (twice) and the course material. It is a non residential programme. Outstation participants are requested to make their own boarding & lodging arrangements.
Total 35 seats are available. Registration will be done on first come first serve basis.
Where to register?
Participants can register by sending their details along with the fee to the following address:
Mr. Vikash Chaudhry
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
Quality Council of India
ITPI Building, 5th Floor, 4 - A, Ring Road, I P Estate,
New Delhi - 110002
Tel: +91 11 42600622
Fax: +91 11 233 23 415