Benefits of Accreditation
Benefits for Patients
• Patients are the biggest beneficiary among all the stakeholders.
• Accreditation results in high quality of care and patient safety.
• The patients are serviced by credentialed medical staff.
• Rights of patients are respected and protected. Patient’s satisfaction is regularly
Benefits for Organization
• Accreditation to a health care organization stimulates continuous improvement.
• It enables the organization in demonstrating commitment to quality care and
patient safety thereby ensures best clinical outcomes.
• It raises community confidence in the services provided by the health care
organization as services provided by credentialed medical staff.
• It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
• An accreditation status also provides marketing advantage in a competitive health
• The HCO standards having been certified by ISQua gives an international
recognition which will also help to promote medical tourism.
• Finally, accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance
and other third parties.
Benefits for Staff
• The staff in an accredited Hospital is satisfied lot as it provides for continuous
learning, good working environment and leadership.
• Efficiencies and competencies of staff also gets improved in an accredited Hospital.
• It improves overall professional development, knowledge and competencies in
systematic ways with defined ownership and accountability of all the staff including
Medical and Para Medical Staff.
Benefits to paying and regulatory bodies
Finally, accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and
other third parties. Accreditation provides access to reliable and certified information on
facilities, infrastructure and level of care.