National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers
NABH Standards for Hospitals
NABH Standards for hospitals, 3rd Edition, November 2011 has been released. This standard has been accredited by International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua). The approval of ISQua authenticates that NABH standards are in consonance with the global benchmarks set by ISQua. The hospitals accredited by NABH will have international recognition. This will provide boost to medical tourism.
The standards provide framework for quality assurance and quality improvement for hospitals. The standards focus on patient safety and quality of care. The standards call for continuous monitoring of sentinel events and comprehensive corrective action plan leading to building of quality culture at all levels and across all the functions.
The 10 chapters in the standard reflect two major aspects of healthcare delivery i.e. patient centered functions (chapter 1-5) and healthcare organisation centered functions (chapter 6-10).
Outline of NABH Standards :
Patient Centered Standards
- 1. Access, Assessment and Continuity of Care (AAC).
- 2. Care of Patients (COP).
- 3. Management of Medication (MOM).
- 4. Patient Rights and Education (PRE).
- 5. Hospital Infection Control (HIC).
organisation Centered Standards
- 6. Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).
- 7. Responsibilities of Management (ROM).
- 8. Facility Management and Safety (FMS).
- 9. Human Resource Management (HRM).
- 10. Information Management System (IMS).
The copy of NABH standards for hospitals may be obtained by remitting Rs. 3000/- by Demand Draft/Cheque/Cash in Favour of "Quality Council of India" Payable at Delhi to
Quality Council of India
ITPI Building, 6th Floor, 4 - A, Ring Road, I P Estate,
New Delhi - 110002
Tel: +91 11 233 23 416 / 417 / 418 / 419 / 420
Fax: +91 11 233 23 415
(Note: This include the postage and handling charges. NABH Standards can be procured only from NABH Secretariat at New Delhi.)